You have questions… We have answers
What forms of payment do you accept?
Do you have restrooms?
What is your reservation policy and payment policy?
We require a $500 *refundable deposit, signed contract, and signed photo release to reserve your date. Due within 30 days from contract execution is 50% of the total balance. Final payment is due 60 days prior to your event date. *Please contact us to receive a contract to see the terms and conditions of the refundable deposit.
How far in advance can we setup for the wedding?
The earliest is 9:00am the day of your event.
Can we use anyone for catering, DJ, photographer, photo booth rental, florist, etc.?
When can the vendors setup?
The earliest is 9:00 am the day of your event, removal by midnight the same day.
Do I have to provide any insurance coverage for the event?
Can you B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Booze)?
Can we have our wedding ceremony on-site? What is included?
What does Poplar Hill include in the rental?
• An hour meeting at least a week prior to your date at a mutually agreed upon time to discuss your set up and layout with us and any of the vendors you wish to invite (usually florist and event planner/ coordinator).
• 45 minute rehearsal walk through on the Thursday before your wedding. Time slots our on a first come first serve basis.
• Property use for photos and access to the venue on the day of the event from 9:00am until midnight.
• Carriage house two sitting rooms, private bath, and a full kitchen.
• Man cave located in the basement of the barn.
• Buffet tables for use by caterer.
• Caterer’s kitchen - COMING 2022!
• Wet bar & counter in the barn.
• 200 cross back chairs.
• 200 white vinyl padded ceremony chairs.
• 22 farm tables.
• 4 restrooms in the barn with one being a handicap accessible restroom (with continual restroom upkeep throughout the event).
• 5,000 sq. ft. of barn and loft space.
• 2,400 sq. ft. of tent with removeable window paned sides.
• Use of 26-acre grounds.
• 23 fans in the barn.
• 22 led slim par lights in the barn (RGB DMX controllable by your DJ).
• Decorative bistro lighting in barn.
• Ceremony arbor.
• Ample parking.
• Trash receptacles.
• Use of on-site trash/dumpster disposal.
• Tent lighting.
• Poplar Hill representative onsite the day of the event.
Do you offer planning or coordination services?
We do not offer wedding planning or day-of coordinating services. However, we have a Poplar Hill representative on site the day of to maintain the venue throughout the evening. Please visit our vendor page for recommended wedding planners.
Is my date available?
Please feel free to contact us about the date you are looking for and we would be happy to provide our availability!
Do you host events year-round?
Yes! Our event season is May 1st – October 22nd. Off-season events are in the barn only. Please contact us for further details.
Can my photographer get access to the grounds prior to our event date?
Of course! We understand the importance of artistic integrity and urge you to invite your photographer to scout our vast 26-acre estate and get inspired for photo opportunities. We also welcome any engaged couple to the property, booked with us or not, to take their engagement photos on our grounds. Please contact us for further information!
Do you set up the tables and chairs?
We will have the ceremony chairs arranged in front of our permanent arbor. The tables and cross back chairs will be put near the area discussed during our layout meeting. It is your responsibility to delegate someone from your party (usually event coordinator/ family) to arrange the chairs and tables according to your seating charts the day of your event.
Do you provide catering, bar or beverage services?
We do not provide catering or bar services. We happily provide you with a list under our vendors page to help you with your search. It is ultimately your choice! We do require the caterer to provide proof that they hold $1 million in insurance and provide proof of a valid NYS liquor license at least a week prior to the event. We do not allow one day permits.
Do you have heat or air conditioning available?
Our barn is an open venue which is not conducive to the use of air conditioning. We have 23 fans mounted strategically around the barn to improve air flow and comfort for our guests. Heaters are available at an additional charge.
Do you allow confetti?
No, we do not allow confetti. We allow the use of birdseed or flower petals outside of the barn and tents instead.
Do you allow pets?
Yes! We realize that pets are just as much of a part of your family as humans (if not the most important) and we do have a dog on site. Saaz is usually the first face on site to greet any guests. Please contact us for additional information with the waiver and the terms and conditions for having pets on site during your event.
What do you charge extra for?
We pride ourselves in our flat rate structure and not a la carte so there are very few things that we charge extra for. The only extra charge for in-season events is supplemental heating.
What is your capacity?
Our in-season capacity is up to 200 guests and off-season capacity of 100 guest. We do not have a minimum guest count during on or off-seasons. Please contact us for further information or questions.