Micro-weddings are something that we have tossed around the idea of for quite some time. There is a lot that went into this, but first we are going to share the pricing and what is included at our venue and then we will give you the nitty gritty details and how we came to this offering!
- 5-hour venue rental between 1:00pm & 9:00pm
- Initial tour, signing meeting, 60-day and 30-day meetings
- 30-minute ceremony rehearsal walk through the Thursday before
- Use of grounds (26 acres) during event
- Use of two getting ready spaces with private restrooms
- Onsite ceremony locations and ceremony arbors
- Barn equipped with fans, lofts, bar and down lighting
- Up to 50 white padded ceremony chairs
- Modern tent with removable sides
- Pre-hung string lights in the barn and in the tent
- Farmhouse tables for up to 50 guests
- Up to 50 wooden vineyard cross back chairs
- Catering prep space with buffet tables
- Use of ample onsite parking
- Use of onsite trash receptacles and trash/dumpster disposal
- Poplar Hill Estate representative on site during event
In September, we had the pleasure of attending a wedding venue working vacation in Savannah, Georgia. This conference was about 20 people who were all wedding venue owners or managers, making it a great place to brainstorm and bounce ideas off each other. It was interesting to learn that “full day” weddings is not the norm for most venues. Their “normal” weddings are about four to five hours. Not all couples want to spend the entire day setting up for their wedding and partying all night so, we wanted to have an option for those couples to still be able to enjoy our venue without having to rent us for the full day. Since these are smaller events, we decided that Saturdays are going to be reserved for full day events only and that Fridays and Sundays are available for micro-wedding bookings (and full day events, first come first serve).
We will set up the venue for up to 50 guests and our couples will have five hours on the venue to use it as they wish. You have all the same access as full day events in terms of the getting ready spaces, barn, lofts, grounds, and tented reception area. Our micro-wedding couples are allowed to bring in any vendors they wish as well. After our conference, we have a BUNCH of suggestions to creating the perfect micro-wedding at our venue.
Here’s a few of them:
- Keep your decorations simple. Our couples are responsible for set up and take down of decorations, so this is a great way to save some time by keeping it simple. Our wooden farm tables are gorgeous as they are, so it does not take much to dress them up. We’ve included some pictures below!
- Passed appetizers are a lovely way to incorporate food into your wedding without the time needed for a full sit-down meal. While sit down is doable, passed apps can create a great, fun, open, feeling where people are relaxed throughout the whole event.
- Food trucks are another great option! An ice cream or dessert truck is a great touch to end a micro-wedding and send everyone on their way happy and full!
- Short ceremonies are the go to for this package. We include our ceremony space and chairs all set up for you so all you have to do is grab an officiant and seal the deal with a kiss!
- Bring on the lawn games. If your guests are not huge dancing humans, put some lawn games in the barn instead of the lawn so you are close to the barn, creating a cozier and closer atmosphere to compliment the smaller guest size.
- Depending on your guest list and personal preferences, a full bar is not needed. We suggest a signature drink or two with beer and wine options rather than a full bar.
Creating the perfect wedding does not have to be a whole day event with a large guest and vendor list. For some, the perfect wedding is their friends and family all in one place for a short intimate ceremony, eating food and celebrating the new couple, playing lawn games or dancing, and all concluding around 9pm. Believe it or not, not everyone wants to party all night and we are here to help make this vision come to life.
We are so excited to offer this package and see the amazing weddings that happen here with this option!
Have any questions or interested in seeing our venue for yourself? Send us an email at email@example.com and we will be in touch soon!
See you next month for our end of the year recap!